Monday, September 1, 2008

What a year it has been

Hello my fair weathered friends.

Its time to update my blog and do it more regularly. So much has happened since the last post, so I will do it in point form and then rant about it from days to come.

1. I am going to be a father soon. The kids name will be Jacob Tan and he gets a Sikh godfather, yup he's going to be as screwed up as me, so might as well start when he's REALLY young. HAHA.

2. I've resigned from my current job of 4 years and 1.5 months. Mixture of relief and happiness because I do not see a future in that company anymore. A bit disappointed how things turn out to be that way. Life is such. 

Hey actually there isn't anymore to add because those 2 are really major in Ones life isn't it?
Of course there is a point 3 which will be brought for all to see when the time is right.

Meantime there are many questions from younger folks about being a father/parent to be. I think women will feel there are more changes physically and mentally compared to men. I'm not sure if I'm actually ready. Of course there was joy and happiness when I heard the news, I actually made the missus checked 3 times before going to the doctors immediately to confirm the news.

After that due to this silly custom, no one was suppose to know till she was 3 months on. In the 3 months there was apprehension, delight, mixed emotions and fear. See, I wasn't brought up in a very very happy family or the Sillypore type of family. I've got a complicated family structure and had quite an abusive father. There was that apprehension that I'll abuse Jacob... 

Jacob will  come to this world in the next few days. To be honest about things missus and me were hoping for a girl. Still we know we will love him and offer him the best as we can. But if he thinks he can get away with some of the stunts some sillyporeans do, he'll be very very sorry for it. I don't take too kindly to tantrums. 

Missus has been having slow contractions for the past 2 days now, so its anytime soon. 

So those complaining about how my blog is 'pictureless' maybe, just maybe, i'll post up a picture of Jacob. 

More tomorrow.

No comments: