Friday, September 5, 2008

Fatherhood



There's many things to rant about, talk about, but before I continue to rant and then forget what I wanna talk about, lets list it out;

1. I hate parents who brag about their child (oooh he can say aaaah already, oooh look he/she can break the olympic world record already, oooh my child's shit has such a nice smell). Its crap. kids grow up and its nothing even if IT does break world records. 

2. Fears of turning into point 1.

3. So is my child cute?

4. How does it feel to be  a father?

So lets start with point 1. I will disallow myself from revolving  my world around him. I will of course, take care of him the best I can, but my world will not revolve around him. He is merely part of my life, like many other things in my life that adds up to the fulfillment of my life. 

What's the fear? Not of losing control, but of the ir
ritating feeling I get when parents starts to show me the 'wonders' of their kid, like singing twinkle twinkle little star.... I don't want my kid to be performing to Aunties and Uncles as I look on adoringly. I should be able to do that even if he doesn't do any of the 'wonders'

Is my child cute? See it for yourself.. can you call that wrinkled bugger cute? The 2nd photo is to show the Sikh Godfather how big his gifts were on that little bugger. Poor thing huh? See how screwed up he already is? Don't blame me, blame the bhai.
I still have the surreal feeling to be honest, that is because I've taken care of many babies before and even till today (he's 3.5 days old), I still feel I'm helping someone else take care of him, And the someone else is none other than the missus. Weird huh? But I guess the feeling will come in time. My godfather says its about getting used to it. So we'll see.

More tomorrow.

No comments: