Monday, December 3, 2007

Yup I'm back

After a lengthy layoff of a few days I'm back with more rants. Ok 1 rant, errr make that 2 whatever.

I was supposed to carry on with the men v women debate but today I wanna rant about friends.

As the saying goes, Quality not Quantity. Its not about how many friends you have but rather how many really good friends you have. Sadly we should all compartmentalise our friends, put them into different boxes titled, Acquaintance, Hi-Bye, Potential, Good friend, Buddies, Shopping, Outings, Die hard etc. After you have done this, you have to be open minded enough to switch names between the boxes, because a certain acquaintance might interest you more and slowly upgrade the name or throw it into another box.

Most importantly have a compartment titled "When in trouble look here". I realised I used up that boxful of names quite long ago and now I've to look inside myself to see what went wrong. (Paul excluded because he's just too far away)

I've learnt this the hard way through growing up and if you happen to read this, good on you, but better for you if you start to compartmentalise now. It'll save you lots of heartaches and disappointments in the years to come.

No comments: