Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008

Oh ya. its the first day of the New Year and what have you done to kick off this year?

Well, I can tell you, I hate it. Why? Because the festive season is over. The long holidays, the TV, the couch all will be missing me. And I miss them so very much.

Its time to clean off the slime on my body and start behaving like a human again. YUCKS. All I ever wanted was to be a couch slug... Is that too much to ask for?

So are you one of those who have a resolution? Well my missus is the only one I know off who did manage to get through most of her resolutions. I have resolutions too. But i broke them all within the first day. For e.g.

1. Stop Smoking. I did stop smoking for a few hours during 2008, but it was such a silly resolution, I broke it.
2. Stop Swearing, I did stop swearing during 2008, well for a few hours, until a stupid commercial interrupted my TV.
3. Stop dirtying the house. Well I did stop dirtying the house until i decided to clear the ashtray and well.. the inevitable happened and it broke my resolution. Well it was another silly resolution anyway. Who cares? Besides the missus. ooops....

I'm looking forward to 2008 for a myriad of reasons. There are many more new things to do in my career. Its going to be a very busy work year for me and I hope things turn out right.

I've to move house AGAIN by the end of Dec 2008 so I gotta make a decision by July/August latest.

There's also something thats brewing and its not the right time to announce it. When the time is right, my dear readers, you'll be SHOCKED off your booty boots.

Alright so the truth be told, the new year means its time to start working and get serious with your jobs. We all want a good start to the new year and I hope all of you buckle up, pull up your socks and get it moving. Lets look forward to a prosperous 2008.

A very Happy New Year to you.

No comments: